News, Resources & Marketing Updates For Professionals Serving Seniors – Click Here
Submit your Events – Click Here
National Event Calendar for Professionals Serving Seniors – Click Here
This month’s topic is Telehealth. Below you will find an overview of some of the resources we are finding on this subject. Telehealth is a topic to keep watching to see how and when it will impact both our personal and professional lives – and it will. We are adding a Telehealth service to our organization – read more and learn why. Find more information about Telehealth on our Google+ pages:
Hope you enjoy this month’s issue. Call or email us if you have questions or want to know more about getting a program started with us and 24HourMDNow.
Regards, Karin Hall and the SRG Team
- www.SeniorsResourceGuide.com– Find senior resources, news & events
- www.SeniorsEGuide.com– Educational Questions to Ask
- www.GoToSRG.com– Be found with Mobile Search
- www.MedicareBasicVideo.com –Medicare Simplified
- www.SeniorBusinessConnection.com– B2B Resource
Let’s Talk Telehealth. What is Telehealth?
Telehealth is the expanded use of technology to deliver healthcare services. To add some details to this subject, Telehealth can include everything from a phone consultation with your doctor to sophisticated equipment that blood pressure, pulse, oxygen saturation, glucose levels and ECG rhythm using wireless devices in the home of the patient that report those findings via Internet back to the physician’s office.
If we look across the Internet for examples of Telehealth in the news. Here are a few examples:
- You can get a Tele-Medicine App for your smart phone – Click Here
- State Lawmakers are recognizing Telehealth as a way to control premium costs – Click Here
- Look at the VA and their Telehealth services – Click Here
- Sprint is offering Telehealth Solutions for physician offices to monitor patients remotely – Click Here
The examples mentioned above are just a few of the companies we found in regard to innovations in Telehealth but now let’s get practical. For today’s lifestyle and the work place … how can Telehealth services make our lives easier?
Here is how …
- Telehealth reduces companies’ health care costs by eliminating some doctor office visits which can be handled just as effectively over the phone as by a licensed medical doctor.
- Up to 70% of doctor office visits are effectively handled by a phone diagnosis for colds and flu, sore throat, allergies, infections, etc.
- Up to 54% of emergency room visits are non-emergencies
- And statistics show that the average person sees the doctor 4 times a year
Source: Center for Studying Health System Change, 24HourMDNow
Exactly what is 24HourMDNow …
24hourMDNow™ is a National “Physician On Call Benefits Program”.
Talk to a Doctor in minutes – anytime, anywhere. 24HourMDNow Physicians consult, diagnosis and prescribe. There is no contract and you can cancel at any time. 24HourMDNow is NOT health insurance. 24HourMDNow is the new generation of “Physician Telehealth Programs” designed to save consumers money. The list price for the basic program offered to the public is $19.95 per month with no free physician consultations.
Seniors Resource Guide Network pricing is offered as low as $5.00 per month with 6 free physician consultations annually. Whether you have 1 employee or patient or thousands we can save your company, patients and employees on direct and indirect healthcare costs.
Get a Quick Overview of the Business Services – Click Here
View website: www.24HourMDNow.com
Learn more …
For more information call 800-994-1143 Monday through Friday and ask for your Seniors Resource Guide 24HourMDNow Representative. We can answer your questions and review your organization to see which 24HourMDNow program your group qualifies for.
Below is a list of articles that caught our attention. In regard to articles dealing with political issues, if you like or don’t like what you are reading pick up the phone and call Washington D.C. and share a comment in your Facebook, LinkedIn or Google Circle. Please share both the positive and the negative in a constructive manner.
- Received an e-copy of the NIH Medline Plus magazine – this is a great health information resource – Click Here
- Interesting article questioning if the Affordable Care Act is moving more doctors into alternative practice management such as concierge medicine or special patient membership groups – Click Here
- Talking about the Affordable Care Act for both rate shock and the quality of the platinum, gold, silver and bronze plans. Could a bronze plan cause someone to go into medical bankruptcy? – Click Here
- And how long is too long to wait for a doctor appointment – Click Here
- Talking Long Term Care Insurance – An Open Letter to Bill & Melinda Gates – Click Here
- Here is a link to how to contact your government officials. This information is posted on Seniors Resource Guide – Click Here
Companies & Organizations we have met recently …
Since ancient times storytellers have told stories to pass on wisdom, engage the imagination and foster community. The Spellbinders storytelling program recreates this age-old tradition, bringing together young and old to create connections, advance literacy and enrich the lives of children and volunteers alike. The group has chapters in Colorado including Loveland.
- Know a Senior Needing a Meals at Home Program?
Check out MagicKitchen’s Senior Meal Pack program. MagicKitchen offers a full range of Gourmet frozen dinners and Gourmet TV Dinners delivered to the door. The organization has specifically developed: Senior Meal Plans, Gluten-free Meals, Portion Controlled Meals, Low Sodium Meals, Diabetic-Friendly Meals, Renal Diet Meals and Dialysis-Friendly Meals.
- The Green House Project
A Green House home is created from the ground up to foster the same feeling and experience you get from living in a real home. Each home is designed for 10-12 residents, keeping it flexible and maintaining a warm feel. The comfort of private rooms and bathrooms are combined with the family-like atmosphere of open common spaces.
Learn more about The Green House Project – Click Here
- April 16, 2013 – Wednesday
National Healthcare Decisions Day
National Healthcare Decisions Day exists to inspire, educate and empower the public and professionals about the importance of Advance Care Planning. National Healthcare Decisions Day is an initiative to encourage everyone to express their wishes regarding healthcare and document those decisions.
Who we are in 30 Seconds
- www.SeniorsResourceGuide.com – Find senior resources, news & events
- www.SeniorsEGuide.com – Educational Questions to Ask
- www.GoToSRG.com – Compatible with web-enabled Mobile
- www.MedicareBasicVideo.com – Four parts of Medicare (A, B, C & D) Simplified
- www.SeniorBusinessConnection.com – Networking and Media Resources
Explore our website and send us an email with your questions or call us!